For the 2013 Roanne’s Race, we want YOU to design the adult race shirt that every runner will receive!
For the kids’ fun run shirts, a short contest will be held at our booth at the Livermore Wine Country Festival. Please stop by our booth on May 4 & 5 if you would like your child to enter the kids’ shirt design contest! Note that for the kids’ design contest we are only accepting designs created with pens and markers on entry form t-shirt template paper that we will provide at the booth–we will not accept digital designs for the kids’ shirts. It’s the only way to keep that activity fair. Thank you for understanding!
The rules for the adult shirt design contest are below. Please read them carefully if you would like to enter a design. We’re looking forward to seeing your designs!
Roanne’s Race T-shirt Design Contest
ENTRY DEADLINE: FRIDAY JUNE 7, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT
Below are the rules and other information you need to create and submit your entry for the Roanne’s Race 2013 T-shirt Design Contest. Your design could be worn by 500 people at Roanne’s Race in November, and worn by runners and walkers in the community all year long. Read all of the rules very carefully, failure to follow them could result in disqualification of your submission.
Prize for Grand Prize Winner To Be Announced!
- Your design should be inspired by Roanne’s Race!
- Your design MUST include the words:
- Roanne’s Race
5k/10k/Kids Fun Run
November 2, 2013
- All artwork in your design MUST be original (do not use any images from the Internet or elsewhere that are not yours).
- Reproduction of works of art in the collection is not allowed, as it might infringe on the original artist’s copyright.
- T-shirt color can be either black or white.
- Your design can only be on the front of the t-shirt.
- You may submit up to three designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Again, your design must be completely original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything on it, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- Your design may contain a maximum of four (4) colors (plus the shirt color).
- Design should not exceed 8 ½” x 11” inches.
- Please use a plain T-Shirt template like this one so we understand the placement of your design.
- It is best to create your design in a professional design program. If using Photoshop or other paint programs, then design must be no less than 600 dpi at 8 1/2″ x 11″ in dimension. If using Illustrator or Corel Draw, no dpi is required.
- If design is hand-drawn it must be scanned and converted into a PDF file.
- Please specify if your design is intended to be printed on a white or black t-shirt.
- Your submission should be a PDF file no larger than 5MB. If you win we will ask you for the high resolution files.
- All submissions must be sent as an attachment to email@example.com
- All submissions must be accompanied by the submitter’s first and last name, phone number, the intended shirt color, the file attachment, and any other details you would like us to know.
- You must be 18 years or older to submit. If you’re younger you can still make a design, but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian. We also have an awesome contest for the kids’ shirts. Stop by the Wine Country Festival booth to enter!
- Roanne’s Race will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it will be sold with race registrations and to individuals who wish to purchase the shirt. All of the proceeds from sales will be directed to the Colon Cancer Alliance to support colon cancer research.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
- You must submit your design by 11:59pm PDT on Friday, June 7, 2013.
- Entries will be judged by the staff of Roanne’s Race.
- The top three (3) designs chosen by the judges will be posted on the Roanne’s Race Facebook Page on June 14, 2013.
- At 11:59pm PDT on July 14, 2013, the image that has received the most “Likes” will be determined the winner.
- The winning design will be announced the week of July 15, 2013.
- By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules.
Roanne’s Race will have a non-profit booth at this year’s Livermore Wine Country Festival! We will have all the details about our 2nd annual Roanne’s Race as well as the opportunity for pre-registration. We’d also like to announce that we’ll have a fun t-shirt designing competition for this years race shirts! So keep an eye out for details about that coming very soon!
Saturday May 4 10am-6pm and Sunday May 5 10am-5pm.
We’ll be located just east of the Bankhead Theater on First St, roughly in front of 2470 First St. Parking can be found at the Livermore Valley Center Parking Structure at 2350 Railroad Ave. Below is a map with our location and of the area where the festival is located, we are booth number 10!
Come visit us in just 3 weeks!
Mark your calendars! We are excited to announce the date of the 2nd Annual Roanne’s Race is……November 2, 2013!
Keep your eyes peeled for further details about the race along with events and fundraisers!
Roanne’s Race was included as one of the major fundraisers for the Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA) in 2012. The funds we raised in Roanne’s honor went specifically to colon cancer research initiatives, and the CCA included some great words about Roanne to accompany the report about the donation.
The full report can be found online here:
(Graphic Source: Colon Cancer Alliance)
We have created a Flickr account to show all the wonderful photos that were taken on race day! Check it out and feel free to add some of your own. Enjoy!
Thank you again for participating in Roanne’s Race! Race time results are available through the links below:
Roanne’s Race 5k Results 2012
Roanne’s Race 10k Results 2012